Watching re-runs of movies on late night TV. You know the end of the movie and a few lines by heart, but do you know if the movie has a scene with a Flask?
Thought Not. Here are some second takes we did when we asked ourselves that question.
1) Cartoon character who keeps his flask in a cut out of the bible while wondering why it is called the good book? Homer Simpson
2) While looking at his reflection in a photo of Queen Elizabeth he apologizes and takes a swig from a silver flask? James Bond
3) Arnold Nimzicki shares a flask while waiting to see if the human race will be extinguished? Independence Day.
4) Fox pulls out a small flask from his back pocket and takes several large swallows, screwing up his face a little. "But I work for free.” He says – Xfiles – The Movie
5) Flask toting Santa? Bad Santa
6) Two men are trapped in a sewer from a freak accident and one has a flask. Owen Wilson and Eddie Murphy – I Spy
7) CIA flick where Pitt gives Redford a flask as a gift? Spy Game
8) HBO Hit Show …why am I hiding it (the Flask) in your footlocker. I’m a captain, for Christ sake -- Band of Brothers
9) Marilyn Monroe pulls a hidden hip flask from her garter belt and swigs some bourbon -- Some Like it Hot
10) John Travolta shows off his multitasking abilities in this film where drinking from a flask, driving and shooting heroin at the same time – Pulp Fiction Some other films/TV shows that have used the flask as a prop include: Mona Lisa Smile, Across the Universe, the family guy and Sweet Bird of Youth. If you stumble upon a film with a flask scene, send us a line and we’ll make sure to include it.
If you have an extra 15K to spare and want a unique flask that is sure to become a talking piece for your collections. Elizabeth Taylors flask from the film “Sweet Bird of Youth” is being auctioned. It even has her lipstick on it. https://willsbridge.com/View_Items.html - Sept 2011